From Starsonata Wiki
A Glossary provides a list of terms and abbreviations unique to a game, group, or profession. The following is a list providing words commonly used in Star Sonata and their definitions.
- First level of base gear to be considered serious.
- An AI ship that is aggressive to players of a certain level. It can also be used to describe an aggressive player, his slaves, bases, or his drones.
- (1) Any computer controlled object in the game, including ships, bases and drones. Sometimes called NPCs in other games.
- (2) Astral Injection skill. A skill required to equip augmenters onto drones.
- Second level of base gear from Adonis.
- (1) Augmenter Tweaking, a skill which increases all stats on a player's augmenters by 2%.
- (2) Astral Travel, a skill which defines how many jumps a player can autopilot.
- (1) Refers to Sniper Analysis, a subset of the Sniper class which builds over time while a target is selected, increasing several stats.
- (1) Used to describe a base, drone, fighter, missile, or slave that has been killed beyond recovery.
- (2) Used to describe a destroyed base that can be recovered using a repair kit, or a player ship that has been destroyed and enters into stasis.
- Note: Destroyed slaves without stasis generators are irrecoverable, as are all drones, fighters, and missiles.
- Short for Drone Master. A secondary skill providing bonuses in drone deployment.
- (1) Short for Death Warmed Over, a long range, non-tracking fire-based weapon.
- (2) Short for DeathWarmedOver, a retired player. Lead the Capitalists and became an Emperor.
- Short for Death Heated Over. Weapon similar to Death Warmed Over.
- Using a tractor to pull a ship or base. Sometimes the maneuver is used to speed a ship up.
- Short for Death Striker, a rare, powerful, and high-tech ship.
- Damage Per Second. Used to measure the amount of damage a weapon can deal per second.
- Damage Per Energy. Ratio describing how much damage a weapon does per unit of energy used.
- Energy Per Second. Describes how much energy a weapon can use per second. Also can describe how much an energy source regenerates per second. See Also: Regen
- Experience Points.
- F1, F2, F3, Etc...
- Highly sought after "Faranji" alien energy source. The higher the number, the more powerful the energy is. The full names are Faranji Energy 1, Faranji Energy 2, and so forth.
- Free to Play. Used to describe an account that is not subscribed to the game.
- Short for Great Immolation, a short-ranged heat weapon that causes some damage to the user when fired.
- GnT, GaT
- Abbreviation of "Give and Take". A rare shield.
- Item Form
- Used to describe a ship that behaves like an item. Ships in item form take up space, have weight, and can be placed into inventories. When a ship in item form is sold through a player base, it becomes a full ship and leaves item form. Ships which are built from blueprints come as items. A ship that is not in item form can be made an item by submitting a Support Ticket and paying a fee.
- To travel between galaxies using a gate.
- Jump Gate
- A connection between two star systems. Different color jump gates designate the Warp skill needed to use that gate.
- (1) Light Commerce, a player owned team.
- (2) Love Cylinder. Medium range, tracking surgical weapon.
- Short for Misdirection. A highly sought after shield with a high rate of regeneration.
- Short for Multifiring. A secondary skill that allows a player to fire multiple weapons at once.
- Short for Merchant Fleet Mastery. A secondary skill that allows for large hulls on slaves.
- Noob, Newb, Choob, Etc...
- Used to describe a new player. Oftentimes the word carries a negative connotation. Sometimes used as a synonym to acting childish.
- (1) Overloader Stable. (See: Overloaders)
- (2) Over Sized.
- (1) Olympus. (See: Olympus)
- (1) Prismatic Conversion. Used in conjunction with a radiation weapon to capture AI ships. A projectile from the weapon is a short-ranged, small, slow-moving red sphere.
- (2) Price Check.
- Pill Box
- Synonym for drone.
- Private Message. To PM someone means to open a private chat channel with them using the `/w command. A PM is the conversation held within that channel.
- Short for escape pod.
- (1) To be killed while in pod form.
- (2) To be ejected from a ship inside a pod.
- Poseidon the Earthshaker, an augmenter.
- Pay to Play. Used to describe a player or account who has purchased a subscription.
- (1) Synonym for EPS.
- (2) Synonym for SPS.
- (3) "To regen." Used to describe the process of one's shield or energy bank recharging.
- A semi-autonomous ship controlled by a player. Requires the skill "Remote Control".
- (*) "To be slaved." Used to describe the process of creating a slave. See also: Capping
- (1) Short for Station Management. Skill needed to make bases.
- (2) Short for Slave Mastery. Secondary skill that increases the effectiveness of slaves.
- (3) Short for Station Mastery. Trade skill that increases the effectiveness of a player's stations.
- Skill Points. Skill Points are necessary to acquire skills and are earned through gaining Experience. Once a player has earned enough Experience, his Experience Points are reset to 0 and he advances a level. 5 Skill Points are awarded each level.
- (1) Short for Warp Navigation, a skill that determines what level of star systems a player can enter.
- (2) Synonymous to Jump.
- Warp Gate
- Synonymous to Jump Gate.